Are you looking for SIMPLE and EASY publishing scheduler in Sitecore?
If yes, then I bet this module would be easiest way to achieve auto publishing since it is completely based on Sitecore PowerShell Script.
This module is extension of existing Schedule Publishing Item Sitecore module by my friend Nikki. We did some makeover by adding all new bells an whistles to existing module to make it more powerful and usable by covering real worlds scenarios including workflow.
This module has below features:
- Schedule auto publishing
- It respects workflow (it will not publish any item if it is not in final state)
- Content Author friendly fields
- Thorough tested with various scenarios on Sitecore 9.0+
The Scheduled Publishing module is a Sitecore Package and it will install following items under your Sitecore. Don’t worry it has no files or DLL, hence installing this package will not break your Sitecore instance.
- PowerShell Script: /sitecore/system/Modules/PowerShell/Script Library/Schedule Publishing Items/Internal/ISE Plugins/Scheduled Publish
- Schedule Task: /sitecore/system/Tasks/Schedules/Schedule Publishing Items
- Template Configuration: /sitecore/templates/Modules/Scheduled Item Publish/Schedule Items
- Configured Item for Scheduled Publishing: /sitecore/system/Modules/Schedule Publishing Items/Schedule Items_DD-MM-YYYY
- You can create any number of configured items for publishing at – /sitecore/system/Modules/Schedule Publishing Items/
Sitecore Schedule Publishing Items Extension module allows you to set the following options:
- Items To Publish
- Date and Time
- Publishing Target
- Publishing Language
- Publish subitems
Steps to schedule any item for auto publishing
Step 1: Create a scheduled publishing item. Enable the checkbox for publishing at Scheduled Time.
Step 2: Select the Items To Publish field in order to publish the items in the respective target database
Step 3: Select the Languages and Target Databases field to publish the selected items
Step 4: Enable the checkbox Publish subitems, if you require to publish the children items as well
Step 5: Select the Date Time To Publish field in order to schedule the item to publish. Please note the time selected should be based on the server time.
Step 6: There is an option to disable an item or delete an item once publishing is done so that it should never process next time when the scheduler looks for the scheduled publishing task. If you do not select to disable an item after publishing is done and do not select to delete an item, then it will execute every time the scheduler check for schedule items to publish as the time is passed away.
The script will execute, once the scheduler starts scheduling jobs. The default time configured in Sitecore is 10 minutes, so every 10 minutes system will check for scheduled publishing.
Once the scheduled task is executed the PowerShell script will start publishing items if the above values are selected properly.
Please note Publishing Scheduler will not work in below two situations:
- If scheduled item is part of workflow and not in a final state.
- If scheduled item is not allowed to publish and has publishing restriction.